PowerAMP is a powerful music player for Android.
2.0 is the next major release and a free update for everyone, who purchased PowerAMP Full Version Unlocker.
Please check Common Questions/Answers below in the description.
You can downgrade back to 1.4 by downloading it from official PowerAMP site.
- plays mp3, mp4/m4a (including alac), ogg, wma*, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta, mpc, aiff (* some wma pro files may require NEON support)
- 10 band optimized graphical equalizer for all supported formats, presets, custom presets
- separate Bass and Treble adjustment
- stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance
- replay gain
- plays songs from folders and from own library
- dynamic queue
- lyrics support, including lyrics search via musiXmatch plugin
- embed and standalone .cue files support
- support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists
- OpenGL based cover art animation
- downloads missing album art
- 4 configurable widget types
- configurable lock screen with optional Direct Unlock
- headset support, automatic Resume on headset and/or BT connection (can be disabled in settings)
- tag editor
- visual themes, including support for external/3rd party skins
- fast library scan
- high level of customization via settings
This version is 15 days full featured Trial. See Related Apps for PowerAMP Full Version Unlocker or use Buy option in PowerAMP settings to buy Full Version.
Common Questions/Answers for PowerAMP v2.x:
Q. PowerAMP 2.0 skips on Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
A. Please set Large in PowerAMP Settings => Audio Engine => Advanced Tweaks => Audio Buffer Size.
Q. My songs are missing from folders/library.
A. Please ensure you have all your folders with music actually checked in PowerAMP Settings => Music Folders.
Your original Android Library is not changed, nor any files deleted.
PowerAMP 2.0.1 has Auto-find option in Settings. This will import your Android library folders into PowerAMP.
PowerAMP library is a separate, completely independent library. When you installed PowerAMP 2.0, it just got filled with the files scanned from your sd card/other flash memory, as specified in Music Folders. By default these are /music, /mp3 and Google music cache directory, or the PowerAMP 1.4 previous music folders settings.
Q. Freeze/too slow folders/library scan
A. You have (semi)broken SD card. Please check your SD card for errors on computer or try another SD card.
Q. Where is Auto-advance Setting now in PowerAMP 2.0
A. It's merged with Repeat modes. Just keep pressing Repeat mode until Advance List.
Q. Volume too low. Volume changes weirdly. Other volume issues.
A. Try to disable Direct Volume Control in PowerAMP Settings => Audio Engine => Advanced Tweaks.
PowerAMP 2.x uses Direct Volume Control by default on 2.3+ mid-to-high end devices. On stock ROMs this produces much better audio output. But many custom/buggy ROMs, while supporting DVC, can fail with it.
Q. PowerAMP 2.0 widget becomes white/doesn't work on phone reboot
A. This can happen if something blocks PowerAMP from starting on reboot and updating the widget - task managers, auto-start tweaking. If you use such apps/tweaks, you may need to add PowerAMP (or/and WidgetPack) to exceptions list.
Q. Can I get PowerAMP v1.4 look?
A. You can download "PowerAMP Classic Skin" on Market.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus support
- library scan improvements. Full Rescan option moved one level up in Settings. As PowerAMP doesn't remove songs when sd card unmounted, use this option for full rescan when sd card is changed to another one
- fixed issue with playlist reset on devices with 2 or more storages
- PowerAMP won't sync anymore its library/playlists to unmounted sd card
- other bug fixes and stability improvements
Content rating: Everyone